Objectives specific to the Research Infrastructure
CELPHEDIA offers a better support for functional research on leading model organisms. For future experiments and protocols, it is primordial to ensure preservation of the lines, the experimental assays, their corresponding data and analyses, in order to:
- perpetuate the information and the knowledge about these models by having access to the raw data
- decrease funding requests for same models by promoting their analysis and their storage in data bases, to guarantee coming availability into and for scientific community
- thereby reduce the number of animals used for experimental purposes and thus meet our society's concerns
CELPHEDIA is committed to achieve the three sub-objectives to strengthen fundamental, biomedical and pharmaceutical research.
1 - To provide and to develop innovative, standardized and massively parallel technological approaches, for the scientific community:
- to accelerate the basic understanding of the genes and pathogen variants involved in human and animal diseases
- to promote therapeutic innovation through the validation of candidate genes as potential therapeutic targets and to determine their effects in referenced model organisms, particularly so-called humanized mice, and if essential the non-human primate model.